Playlists are edited directly within the playlist display table beneath the form in the playlist entry page. If you don't already have a playlist open, click Edit under the Playlist menu (or Reopen Current for your most recent playlist).
First you have the option to change the info about the playlist, such as show name and date/time, just like when creating a new playlist. Once the playlist is open you can add to, edit, delete, or rearrange the songs in the playlist in the same way as when you are entering a new playlist.
NOTE: users with Editor or Admin permissions can edit any DJ's playlists, not only their own, they can also change the owner of an existing playlist.
Editing playlist items
Video of playlist editing
Playlists are edited directly within the playlist display table beneath the entry form.
- All the data in every row of the playlist are editable
- Click on a data item to edit
- Text fields (including date and time fields): click the item, modify the text and press Enter/Return. ( editing artist/disk/label → )
- Disk format, type, and library fields: click the item – a select menu appears, choose the appropriate value and click the OK button
- New, Request and Local flags: these are shown in the Song and Disk columns as NEW, REQ, and LOC when set and new, loc, and req when unset. Click on a flag to toggle it from set to unset or visa versa
- While editing an item, press the ESC key or click somewhere else in the window to cancel editing
- If a field has a value then it is shown; otherwise the field's name or the word unset is shown as a placeholder in small gray italics
- Date and time fields accept various formats but revert to previous value if you enter something unrecognizable. Century digits don't normally need to be entered
Delete a row in a playlist
To delete a song or set break row in a playlist, click the X in the left hand column. Confirm with the dialog box to finish the deletion.
Rearrange rows in a playlist
Drag and drop rows in a playlist to rearrange them manually, for example to move songs in the correct chronological order.
- Move the mouse cursor over a blank background area in a row that you want to move. The cursor should change to show that you are over a draggable area
- Hold the left mouse button down and drag the table row to another location
- Release the mouse button to complete
Songs and set breaks are rearranged in the same way.
Sort a playlist
To sort the items in a playlist according to song time-stamps (values in the Played column), click the Played link in the heading of the second column of the playlist table.
If your station uses Start/Duration/End time entry (CPB stations during their SX webcast reporting periods), there is an Auto-time feature that affects editing of the Played or Duration columns. If auto-time is activated and you edit the Played time or Duration of one item, the Played times of all subsequent items in the playlist are adjusted automatically. (Set breaks have zero duration.)