Users with administrator or editor permission can generate webcast reports. Two report formats are currently supported: Webcast playlist logs for stations reporting through NPR Digital Services (NPR/DS), and Reports of Use for stations reporting directly to SoundExchange. Both are under the Music Database heading in the main menu.
For Webcast playlist log – NPR/DS, enter the number of days and end date of your reporting period and click "Generate report". It's that easy. For a valid report you need to have had Start/Duration/End-time logging turned on for the reporting period in question. If your station is fully registered with CPB and NPR and you're satisfied with the report you generated, you simply click the button to transfer the file to NPR/DS via FTP. Webcast playlist log – NPR/DS →
For the SoundExchange Report of Use, fill in the form (the station info will be saved for reuse) and click "Generate report". On the next page you'll have the option to copy and paste the report into another program, or download or email the compressed file. SoundExchange Report of Use →
Reports for BMI, ASCAP and SESAC
The Performance Rights Organizations (PROs) specify what data they want when they ask for a report. They accept data in CSV or Excel file format so you can produce the reports using the Email/export playlists feature.
- Select Export playlists and other reports in the Music database menu (Admin and Editor users)
- Specify the date range the collective requested, click Submit
- Fields to include — check only the ones the collective requested
- Choose data options as follows:
- File format — CSV
- Insert a heading for each playlist — Yes
- Column headings — Include
- DJ's Real Name — Omit
- For reading by — Computer
- Data delivery options — You can download or email your report. If you email your file you need to provide valid 'To' and 'From' email addresses. If you download it you can open it in Excel for editing if necessary.
Reports for CMJ, Labels & agencies
The results produced with the search page can be downloaded as CSV files to produce reports. For example, a search for disk/song spin statistics over a given set of days can be used to produce charts of the Top-N disks or songs respectively. You can open your file in Excel for editing if necessary and send it to labels, promoters and CMJ.