The description below is for 2016 through 2020.
You must be one of
- NPR Member
- NFCB Participant Member
Once, for the period 2016 through 2020
CPB covers all royalty payments but NPR/DS collects data processing fees.
- Zero for NPR members
- $250 for NPR stream hosting clients
- $275 for NFCB members
- $500 for everyone else
- $500 if you submit incorrectly formatted stream logs
Playlist logs must be in NPR/DS format and include, for each spin
- The timestamps (to the second) of the start and end of the spin
- Track title
- Artist name
- Album name
- Record label
Spinitron users follow this guide to generate Reports of Use.
Streaming logs must contain every stream connection with IP addresses and connect/disconnect times. Get logs from your webcast server. They must be formatted according to NPR/DS specifications. Incorrectly formatted stream logs incur $500 NPR/DS fee per quarter.
Spinitron has a stream log converter to generate NPR/DS format reports.
Most stations opting in to the CPB-SX agreement file sample reports for two weeks per quarter. (Stations with large audiences are informed by NPR/DS if they need to report more.) Reports are due shortly after the end of the calendar quarter, NPR/DS announces deadlines.
Use NPR/DS Composer (Basic or Pro) to:
- Upload your playlist logs (or send from a service provider, such as Spinitron)
- Upload your streaming log files,
- Specify your report period dates,
- Update your program schedule to reflect programming during your report period.
Once the report is filed, notify NPR/DS by email (email@example.com) and request confirmation.