Spinitron respects your privacy and personal info with these rules and policies:
- Your address and phone number are your private personal data. Only you, your station's authorized administrator users and Spinitron staff can see them. These are never shown to the public
- Your real name and username (email) are private to members at your station. These are never shared with the public but may be used to help identify you to another station member
- Spinitron staff will not divulge your private personal data except to you or your station's authorized administrator users
- If you become a Spinitron manager for your station (i.e. if you are given 'Administrator' user permissions) then your name and email address may be given to other users at your station so that they know who has access to their private personal data
- Spinitron may occasionally send you administrative emails, such as when you reset your password
- Spinitron will never give or sell your email addresses or other profile info to other parties
- You can add optional public personal information to your user profile: these include an on-air DJ name, a public email address, a public web site, a DJ profile text and since when you've been a DJ
- Spinitron reserves the right to update this policy, publishing it to station members
Why Spinitron needs your phone number and address
- First: authentication. Your station management needs to prevent outsiders form creating user accounts for their station. Someone could easily pretend to be you simply by knowing your name and creating a new user account. But requiring address and phone number gives more protection because the station management can check that data against what they have on file for you.
- Second: contact data. If station management needs to contact you they can look it up here.