User account verification
After creating your new user account your user status is set to 'New User'. As such:
- You can start using the system and creating playlists right away
- You can create up to three playlists
- Your playlists will not be displayed to the public yet
- Your cannot enter user comments into the database
These rules prevent an outsider from creating a user account and putting bogus or inappropriate playlists online.
Verification happens like this:
- Station management receives an email about your new user account
- Spinitron sends you a welcome email that includes the email addresses of the station management
- One of the managers needs to verify the account and change your account status from 'New User' to 'User' – when exactly this happens depends on them, you could try contacting one of them to hurry things along
- As soon as your account is verified, you'll receive a confirmation email and your playlists will become available to the public – including the ones created before account approval – and the other restrictions will be lifted
While the approval process may seem irksome, it is important to keep impostors from creating accounts.