Column assignment and row selection
Uncheck the rows you don't want to import (e.g. column headings and empty rows) with the checkboxes. (But if every other line in your table is empty, try a different file encoding.)
The columns in your file can be in any order you like. You can also have columns in the file that Spinitron doesn't understand. So you need to tell Spinitron what kind of data is in each column using column assignment selectors at the top of each column.
VERY IMPORTANT: double check and triple check your column assignments. Imagine the confusion if you import lots of data with, for example, Disk Name and Song Name mixed up.
These are the available column assignments
- -ignore-. Tells Spinitron to ignore the data in the column.
- Artist Name — Required.
- Song Name — Required when importing songs on disks or playlist data.
- Song Note — Optional song information.
- Song Composer — Optional song information, available only if your station has composer fields enabled.
- Song Time-stamp — Only used for importing playlist data. Optional but good to have since Spinitron sets time-stamps to midnight otherwise.
- Song Duration — Optional song information if your station has the duration option enabled. Two formats are supported: a simple number is interpreted as duration in seconds, or you may use minutes and seconds separated by a colon: MM:SS.
- Playlist Date — Used when editor or administrator users import bulk playlist data spanning more than one day. Spinitron uses today's date if the column is not available. Many formats are accepted but, when ambiguous, Spinitron assumes North American style dates, e.g. 03/04/05 means March 4th 2005.
- Disk Name — Always required.
- Media Format — Optional disk information.
- Release Type — Optional disk information.
- Library / Genre — Optional disk information.
- Year Released — Optional disk information. Requires all 4 digits.
- Add Date — Optional disk information. Formatting as with Playlist Date above.
- Label Name — Optional label information.
- Label Country — Optional label information.
- Label URL — Optional label information. With or without 'http://' is acceptable.
- Label Email — Optional label information.
Remember to uncheck rows you don't want to import and double check your column assignments before you click Import.