A set break is an item in a playlist that makes a note of something other than music, for example a PSA, station ID or talk break between songs.
Set breaks are not shown on Spinitron public web pages, they are only shown to logged-on station members and may be included when emailing or exporting a playlist.
The set break feature is not enabled by default. A Spinitron administrator at the station has to enable it and configure the different kinds of set breaks that the station uses.
A set break consists in:
- A timestamp
- A position in a playlist
- The set break's kind chosen from the list of different kinds of set breaks the station uses
- An arbitrary text note which can be anything, for example, details about a PSA or promo.
Thus stations have considerable freedom to establish station-specific policy on how set breaks are used.
Entering a set break
If the set break feature is configured at your station, set breaks can be entered into playlists in the standard playlist entry form.
- Click the Add set-break/note link (beside the Submit button) to insert a new set break in the playlist
- Choose the set break kind from the drop down selector and click the OK button
- To enter notes in the set break, click on the grey word notes, type something suitable and press Enter/Return
- Deleting the set break, changing its timestamp, or rearranging it in the playlist is as it is with songs