Click New playlist and choose the appropriate options from the three drop-down menus.
Playlist entry mode
- Live on-air (during your show) — Never use 'live on-air' unless you are the current on-air DJ – doing so would cause confusion. The current playlist listed for your station will be updated every time you enter a new playlist item. Also, Spinitron sets the playlist's date to today.
- After your show — Your station's current playlist will not be affected. You have to set the show's date manually.
- Before your show — You need to specify the show's date. You enter the complete playlist now but your playlist will not be visible on the public pages until its scheduled date and on-air time comes around. At that moment, the playlist becomes the "current playlist" and songs start being revealed one at a time according to the time-stamps you put in the playlist.
- Regular show — Only shows in the station's current program schedule appear in this menu. If you have no regular shows in the schedule, the menu will tell you so, if you have more than one, all of them will be listed. You can add a show to the schedule in either the Program Schedule or User Profile pages.
- Subbing for someone — Choose this option if you are doing someone else's scheduled show. Then select a show you are subbing for in the next menu.
- Not a regular show — Choose this if you're doing a show that's not in your station's schedule. You enter the show's name, category, and on/off-air times.
This controls how the time-stamps are handled in the playlist entry form:
- Automatic — The time-stamp control in the playlist entry form will update automatically to the current time. Use this mode if you are entering your playlist live on-air.
- Manual — You will have to set the time-stamp control manually for every playlist item. Use this if you are entering or editing a playlist after/before the show.
Errors in time-stamps can easily be corrected in the playlist entry form.
Note: Automatic time-stamps only work for stations using the simple time-stamp control. When the Start/Duration/End time control (CPB stations during their SX reporting period) is enabled, the difference between Automatic and Manual Time-stamp modes is minimal.