How DJ and show images are displayed
The general idea
Spinitron users can upload images to be displayed on public pages. The image management pages are accessed via your user profile page. The program schedule also gives access to show image management. ( upload images → )
The images can be:
- DJ images (small and large) — uploaded into a user profile
- Show images (small and large) — uploaded into a show in the schedule
The small images are 60 x 60 pixels and large are 200 x 120. All are optional and any combination may be used.
Images appear on these public pages:
- Program schedule
- DJ page
- Show page
… roughly like this:
- If you have only DJ images, they are used on all those pages.
- If you add also show images, they take precedence (except on the DJ page).
- On playlist and show pages, large show images are used together with small DJ images, if you have both.
- For a uniform DJ-egocentric visual brand, upload small and large DJ images for yourself and don’t upload any show images.
- To give a show its own visual brand, upload small and large show images.
- If the show’s brand is all that counts and the show’s owner is irrelevant, upload show images and check the show’s Hide DJ info checkbox. ( editing shows → ) Common examples are syndicated shows and shows with the DJ's name as part show name.
The full details
For reference, here is a complete and detailed description of the logic behind how Spinitron uses images on the public pages. The four kinds of pubic page that display images each have their own specific logic as set out below.
NOTE: If a show’s Hide DJ info is checked in the edit show form then DJ images are not displayed.
- If a user profile has a small DJ image, it is displayed like an icon to the left of the DJ name and other profile information on the user’s public DJ page.
- But if the user has a large DJ image, it is displayed in the top right of the information pane of the DJ page and the small image (if there is one) is not displayed.
If a show has a large image, it is displayed on its show page in the top right of the information pane.
- If it has no large image then Spinitron looks in the show’s DJs’ user profiles for a large DJ image to display instead. If the show has more than one DJ then Spinitron selects (with no particular order of precedence) the first large DJ image it finds.
- A show’s DJs’ names are listed after the show information as links to the corresponding DJ pages. When a DJ in this list has a small DJ image then it is displayed like an icon beside the DJ name/link.
Images are used in a playlist page as they are in a show page except that only one small DJ image (of the DJ that entered the playlist) is displayed instead of the list of all the show’s DJs.
Small images are displayed in the hover information box for each show. If a show has a small image, that is used. Otherwise up to two small DJ images are displayed if they are available.